Who: Darcy Lee
What: I inspire people to use pen and paper again. I run an online greeting card shop, we also offer a subscription, four cards a month and a gift chosen by me.
Where: hailthesnailmail.com, @hailthesnailmail
01. Three words that describe you?
Woman, Entrepreneur, Hopeful.
02. What’s your best and worst quality?
So many ideas.
03. Quality you most admire in a person?
Kindness open heart.
04. Greatest love of your life?
My partner Mark! and work! I love work that provides community. I had a brick and mortar storefront for 20 years. I loved seeing the community come together in my spot within the neighborhood. I desire for Hail the Snail Mail to provide people a chance to connect off of screens.
05. Secret talent or a skill or trait you wish you had?
I want to express myself with clarity. Not clever -clear.
06. A piece of clothing or item that has a story behind it, what is it and what’s the story?
I wanted a very beautiful Gucci sweater that says Blind for Love …it was just a dream …but a group of women friends gathered together and got it for me for my birthday ..Each time I wear it I am touched.
07. What podcast are you into lately?
Esther Perel’s podcast "Where should we begin?" opens my eyes each time I listen.
08. What’s one thing you’ve done this year to live more consciously?
Reading and watching and absorbing all the stories and documentaries about the thriving Black Communities that were destroyed by our American history. The stories are endless.
09. Place where you are happiest?
Writing letters and holding hands -snuggling with my dog Maisie.
10. What is a cause you believe in and what’s an organization that supports it that you’d like people to know about?
Rockthevote.org We must vote. We must teach our youth how important our power is in the voting booth.
Sign of the zodiac (and what you think that says about you):
I am a Virgo with Sag rising- I am a messy creative who longs for order.
What album/playlist is on repeat for you these days?
Olivia Rodrigo: Sour.
What are the toughest letters you’ve had to write?
I am writing them now to my friend Roy who has a terminal illness -I want to be there and yet not perky.
Thank you! ;)