Name: Lizz Winstead
Occupation: Comedian, Activist
Social Media Handle: @lizzwenstead
01. Three words that describe you?
Driven, fun, fearless
02. What’s your best and worst quality?
Best - My desire for making the world better.
Worst- Sometimes I am short with people.
03. Quality you most admire in a person?
04. Greatest love of your life?
05. Secret talent or a skill or trait you wish you had?
Turning water into wine
06. A piece of clothing or item that has a story behind it, what is it and what’s the story?
An item my friend Ellen Sweets, a Texas writer and activist, won at an auction, and then gave to me - the opera cape of Texas legend Molly Ivins. Molly was hilarious, brilliant and a tireless champion for the voiceless and I have always admired her and been inspired by her. When Ellen saw the cape was at an auction to raise money for Molly’s former publication, Texas Monthly, she snatched it for me so I could have it for inspiration.
07. Share with us the last meme, tweet or Instagram post that made you laugh out loud.
08. What’s one thing you’ve done this year to live more consciously?
I have used my platform to guide people who want to help in Texas fight against the horrible abortion ban and directed them to BIPOC led and Texas based activists who are doing the work on the ground.
09. Place where you are happiest?
Cooking at my home for small gatherings of loved ones
10. What is a cause you believe in and what’s an organization that supports it that you’d like people to know about?
Abortion Access Front. I am an ardent supporter of abortion rights and founded the organization in 2015. It is our motto that abortion should be spoken about and advocated for without shame or stigma. We must say the word and speak of it as just one of the many reproductive health outcomes one may chose. There are no good abortions, there are no bad abortions, there is only the abortion you need. Learn more and donate www.aafront.org